Just posted by Troy Linker:
Making the Most of the RDA Toolkit Open-Access Period
Join us for this free learning opportunity!
Join ALA Digital Reference Publisher Troy Linker as he gives an overview of Resource Description and Access (RDA) and describes how it is integrated into the RDA Toolkit. He will review highlights of the RDA Toolkit and point out how you can make the most of the open-access period through August 31, 2010. Pricing, subscription options, and future plans for the continual improvement of the RDA Toolkit will also be discussed.
Learn how to:
* create your own profile (and why it benefits you)
* search and browse RDA instructions
* create and share workflows and mappings—tools to customize RDA to support your organization’s training, internal processes, and local policies
* search RDA based on your existing knowledge of AACR2 rule numbers
* access RDA content both by table of contents and by element set
* search and browse AACR2 rules with links to help users navigate from AACR2 to RDA
Reserve your place today at one of these upcoming virtual sessions!
* Thursday, June 17, 9:00am CDT (GMT -5) [Good choice for European and African participants]
* Thursday, June 17, 8:00pm CDT (GMT -5) [Good choice for Australian and Asian participants]
* Friday, June 18, 3:00pm CDT (GMT -5)
(Offered at multiple times to allow people in different time zones to participate; the times listed are US Central time zone hours. A World Clock (http://www.timeanddate.com/) will help you work out the best time for you.)
For those not able to join us for one of the live events, they will be recorded and posted to www.rdatoolkit.org/training.
Resource Description and Access (RDA) and the RDA Toolkit are published by the Co-Publishers for RDA (the American Library Association, the Canadian Library Association, and Facet Publishing, the publishing arm of CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals).