New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL) Executive Board is seeking
nominations for its annual NETSL Award for Excellence in Library Technical
The NETSL Award recognizes and honors significant New England-based
contributions to the field of library technical services. Contributions may
have been made in New England by librarians from throughout the United
States, or nationally by librarians residing in New England, through
publications, service, or innovations in practice. The NETSL Executive Board
members select a recipient at their February meeting based on nominations
received. The Board reserves the right to suspend the Award for a year if no
suitable candidate is nominated.
The next NETSL Award will be presented at the NETSL Annual Spring Conference
2010: Crosswalks to the
,* April 15, 2010*****, at College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA.
Eligibility for nomination is as follows:
– Nominees may be NETSL/NELA members, but membership in the Association
is not a requirement.
– A nomination must be accompanied by a written statement that includes
the rationale for nomination and, if a resume of the nominee is not
appended, a narrative summary of the nominee’s career and achievements.
Provision of a resume is strongly recommended.
– Nominations may be made by NETSL members, or by non-members.
– Nominations and statement(s) must be received by the NETSL
Vice-President no later than Friday, February 5, 2010.
– Current members of the NETSL Executive Board are not eligible for
Nominees shall have made contributions to library technical services in one
or more of the following areas:
1. Leadership in professional associations at local, state, regional or
2. Contributions or innovations in technical services
3. Significant contributions to professional literature
4. Conduct of studies or research in technical services
Past Recipients include:
Lynda Kresge, Birdie MacLennan, Dr. Sheila Intner, Robert L. Cunningham,
Matthew Beacom, Catherine Willis, Lisa Palmer, David Miller, and Martha Rice
Please send nominations and inquiries to:
NETSL is a section of the New England Library Association and is affiliated
with the ALCTS Council of Regional Groups. For more information on NETSL,
visit our website at: